Marian Council Member Meeting Minutes – April 15, 2021
May 11, 2021 | Written by Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
The Council was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by GK Ed Wilson followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. Prayer was offered by Randy Omlie.
- The minutes of the preceding meeting were approved as read.
- Applications read: one new candidate Michael Dove was read. A motion was made and seconded to accept him. Motion approved. One transfer into our Council was also read. His name is Steve Schreiber.
- Treasurer’s report: we have a bal. of $33,247.77. A motion was made and seconded to approve the treasurers report. Motion approved.
- Communications: 4 were read.
- Insurance: Knights of Col insurance agent is Greg Fruetel who was introduced by Lloyd Cybart at the meeting.
- Gambling: we have a bal. of $16,049.00. A motion was made and seconded to accept the gambling report. Motion approved. A motion was made to approve prior gambling expenses amounting to 2,400.00. Motion was seconded and approved. A motion was made to approve up to 6,000.00 for property taxes. Motion approved.
- Fraternal: Ned O Doherty thanked all who made the Lenten Fish Fry a success. 83 knights assisted and $6,000.00 was donated to area churches that participated.
- Home Assoc.: we have a checking bal. of $1,500.00. We are doing light maintenance inside and outside of the building.
- Lecture program: Will have a speaker after the meeting talk about being a volunteer at Yellowstone National Park.
- Parish Roundtables: 4 parishes reported activities at their places.
- Respect Life: Brian Gibson was the speaker at our April meeting. Living rosary is May 1st.
- Loaves and Fishes: served 157 meals last month. Chairman Bill Lundholm needs someone to take over for him.
- 4th Degree: having Renewal of Obligations and Blessing of Swords at the April meeting.4th Degree Exemplification will be virtual at the hall on April 17th.
- District Deputy report: delegates will participate virtually. We need 23 new members to make Star Council. Eden Prairie Council will be merged into our Council.
- Trustee report: sent out a mailer for the Tootsie Roll drive.
- Unfinished business: none
- Knight of the Month: Ed Kocon
- Family of the Month: Tom and Barb Steigauf
- New business: blood donation at the hall on May 4th.
- Donations: A motion was made to donate 500.00 to Incarnation parish for safety vests. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Prayer LIST: names were added and deleted.
- Seminarian Dinner: Is postponed till later this year. The Council will participate in the Silver Rose program
- Pot-o-Gold winner: Orv Fillbrandt
- Closing prayer by Randy Omlie
Meeting adjourned at – 8:30 pm
Recorder: Joe Novak
Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
Marian Council #3827 is Minnesota’s largest Knights of Columbus chapter, part of a billion-dollar international Catholic organization. We promote family life, education and citizenship. Annually we donate charitable fundraising and volunteers hours to the Richfield-Bloomington area, including: Fireman’s Softball Tournament, for youth, Tootsie Roll Drive for children with disabilities, Vocations Dinner for local seminaries, Student Loan Dinner for college, Coats for Kids of warmth for children, Keep Christ in Christmas, a free community party, Golf Tournament, benefits youth charitie and Respect for Life events Loaves & Fishes, feeding Richfield’s poor.