Marian Council Member Meeting Minutes – August 10, 2021
August 16, 2021 | Written by Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
Prayer was offered by the Grand Knight.
- The preceding minutes were approved as read.
- Treasurer’s Report: We have a working bal. of 25,279.40. A motion was made and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s report. Motion approved.
- Fraternal Board Report: MAJOR CONCERN IS SHORTAGE OF STAFF.
- Gambling Report: No financials to report. Changing Friday night bingo to Monday night. A motion was made for prior gambling expenses totaling approx. 3,500.00. The motion was seconded and approved.
- Lecture Report: Worthy Advocate Chris Perske will be our speaker in Sept. talking about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- 4th Degree: No meeting in July. Having a boat trip in August.
- Parish Roundtables: 2 parishes reported church activities.
- Respect Life: Having peaceful protests at 2 locations.
- Loaves and Fishes: Served 162 meals in June.
- District Deputy Report: Have church roundtables document what they are doing. Supreme has a form for this.
- Unfinished Business: none.
- New Business:
- A motion was made and seconded to transfer 500.00 from the Grand Knights fund to the Coats for Kids fund. Motion approved.
- Another motion was made to approve 2 donations totaling 300.00 to two parishes. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Grand Knight Summation: Zoom will be used from Nov. to March. Will designate the 5th Sunday of the month Knight Sunday at a chosen parish.
- Fireman’s Softball tournament; We need more volunteers to fill shifts.
- Pot-of-Gold winner: Gaylord May.
- Prayer list: Was revised. We said a Hail Mary for those in need of prayers.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 p.m.
Recorder: Joe Novak