Marian Council Member Meeting Minutes – August 10, 2021
August 16, 2021 | Written by Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
The Council was called to order at 7;00p.m. by Grand Knight Roderick Maddox followed by the pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Prayer was offered by the Grand Knight.
- The preceding minutes were approved as read.
- Treasurer’s Report: We have a working bal. of 25,279.40. A motion was made and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s report. Motion approved.
- Fraternal Board Report: MAJOR CONCERN IS SHORTAGE OF STAFF.
- Gambling Report: No financials to report. Changing Friday night bingo to Monday night. A motion was made for prior gambling expenses totaling approx. 3,500.00. The motion was seconded and approved.
- Lecture Report: Worthy Advocate Chris Perske will be our speaker in Sept. talking about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- 4th Degree: No meeting in July. Having a boat trip in August.
- Parish Roundtables: 2 parishes reported church activities.
- Respect Life: Having peaceful protests at 2 locations.
- Loaves and Fishes: Served 162 meals in June.
- District Deputy Report: Have church roundtables document what they are doing. Supreme has a form for this.
- Unfinished Business: none.
- New Business:
- A motion was made and seconded to transfer 500.00 from the Grand Knights fund to the Coats for Kids fund. Motion approved.
- Another motion was made to approve 2 donations totaling 300.00 to two parishes. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Grand Knight Summation: Zoom will be used from Nov. to March. Will designate the 5th Sunday of the month Knight Sunday at a chosen parish.
- Fireman’s Softball tournament; We need more volunteers to fill shifts.
- Pot-of-Gold winner: Gaylord May.
- Prayer list: Was revised. We said a Hail Mary for those in need of prayers.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 p.m.
Recorder: Joe Novak
Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
Marian Council #3827 is Minnesota’s largest Knights of Columbus chapter, part of a billion-dollar international Catholic organization. We promote family life, education and citizenship. Annually we donate charitable fundraising and volunteers hours to the Richfield-Bloomington area, including: Fireman’s Softball Tournament, for youth, Tootsie Roll Drive for children with disabilities, Vocations Dinner for local seminaries, Student Loan Dinner for college, Coats for Kids of warmth for children, Keep Christ in Christmas, a free community party, Golf Tournament, benefits youth charitie and Respect for Life events Loaves & Fishes, feeding Richfield’s poor.