Marian Council Member Meeting Minutes – June 10, 2021
June 19, 2021 | Written by Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
The Council was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by GK Ed Wilson followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Membership: we have 856 members in our Council. We had one knight that transferred in this evening. A motion was made and seconded to approve his transfer. Motion approved.
- Treasurer’s report: We have a working bal. of 29,092.00. A motion was made and seconded to approve the treasurers report. Motion approved.
- Gambling: we have a working bal. of 17,934.00. A motion was made and seconded to accept the gambling report. Motion passed. A motion was made to approve prior gambling expenses of 2,547.00. Motion was seconded and passed.
- Fraternal Board: We need your business at the hall.
- Home Association: We have a working bal. of 1,500.00.
- Parish Roundtables: 5 parishes reported activities at their parish.
- Loaves and Fishes: Served 150 boxed meals at Hope church.
- Knight News: newsletter going out next week.
- 4th Degree: We will have a flag ceremony prior to our meeting next Wed. A Stillwater boat trip is planned in August.
- KC Insurance: agent will give a talk on long term care.
- District Deputy report: Presented Faith in Action award and Program and Membership award to the Council.
- New business: Donations, Two donation requests were made totaling 350.00. A motion was made and accepted for them. Motion passed.
- The previous motion for the Student Loan Fund was withdrawn at the meeting.
- Nominations: The membership voted for Officer positions for the new council year. A motion was made to close the nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for the nominees, Motion was accepted and approved by the membership. In like manner we elected members to Helping Hands and Budget and Finance.
- Prayer list: we are asked to reach out to those people on the prayer list.
- Recognition and Appreciation Dinner; will be held on June 17th at the hall.
- GK Summation: Help your parish recover to get back to normal was his message to all of us.
- Closing prayer said by Randy Omlie
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 p.m.
Recorder: Joe Novak
Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
Marian Council #3827 is Minnesota’s largest Knights of Columbus chapter, part of a billion-dollar international Catholic organization. We promote family life, education and citizenship. Annually we donate charitable fundraising and volunteers hours to the Richfield-Bloomington area, including: Fireman’s Softball Tournament, for youth, Tootsie Roll Drive for children with disabilities, Vocations Dinner for local seminaries, Student Loan Dinner for college, Coats for Kids of warmth for children, Keep Christ in Christmas, a free community party, Golf Tournament, benefits youth charitie and Respect for Life events Loaves & Fishes, feeding Richfield’s poor.