Marian Council Member Meeting Minutes – May 13, 2021
June 10, 2021 | Written by Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
The Council was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by GK Ed Wilson followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. Prayer was offered by Randy Omlie.
- The minutes of the preceding meeting were approved as corrected.
- Applications: 4 applications were read. A motion to accept them was seconded by the membership. All were approved.
- Treasurer’s report: We have a working balance of $29,875.47. A motion was made and seconded to accept the Treasurers report. Motion passed.
- Gambling report: we have a working balance of $19,536.00. A motion was made and seconded to accept the gambling report. Motion passed. A motion was made to approve prior gambling expenses amounting to $2,385.00. Motion was seconded and passed.
- Fraternal: business is doing well at the hall. We also had a successful blood drive.
- Home: Had new cooler installed and done some maintenance at the hall.
- Lecturer program: will resume in Sept. We are looking for speakers for the new Council year.
- Roundtables: 2 church roundtables reported activity.
- Loaves and Fishes: served 160 meals last month.
- Basketball Free Throw: 200 kids participated in April.
- 4th Degree: will have a welcome dinner for the 2 new members prior to our meeting next Wed.
- District Deputy report: asked members to recruit new members.
- GK report: Is formulating a plan to help our parishes through our pastors to get back to normal again.
- Trustee report: we collected 7,500.00 for our Tootsie Roll drive.
- Unfinished business: A motion was made to donate 2,500.00 to the Student Loan Fund. Motion was made and seconded. Motion approved.
- New business: donations; A motion was made to give 1,000.00 to 3 civic and religious groups. Motion was made and seconded. Motion approved.
- Nominations: we will vote on new Council officers for the new council year at next month’s meeting.
- Prayer list: we said a Glory Be for those on the prayer list.
- Recognition: Orv, Fillbrandt was honored for being a knight for 50 years.
- Closing prayer: said by Randy Omlie.
- Pot-O-Gold: winner was Curt Elsen.
Meeting adjourned: 8:20 p.m.
Recorder: Joe Novak
Knights of Columbus Marian Council #3827
Marian Council #3827 is Minnesota’s largest Knights of Columbus chapter, part of a billion-dollar international Catholic organization. We promote family life, education and citizenship. Annually we donate charitable fundraising and volunteers hours to the Richfield-Bloomington area, including: Fireman’s Softball Tournament, for youth, Tootsie Roll Drive for children with disabilities, Vocations Dinner for local seminaries, Student Loan Dinner for college, Coats for Kids of warmth for children, Keep Christ in Christmas, a free community party, Golf Tournament, benefits youth charitie and Respect for Life events Loaves & Fishes, feeding Richfield’s poor.